Strategic plan of LRF defines its strategy, or direction, and makes decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy. LRF has passed through a very struggling and learning phase so far and it has done a tremendous job to serve the development sector and enter into the core circle of civil society organizations. So far, LRF has earned a good name and has a good impression among policy makers as well as many of its partners in the development sector. LRF, however, has a lot to improve by taking advantage of its strengths and by mitigating its weaknesses gradually in a due course of time. LRF plans to develop and transform itself into an institution based on well define Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and its investment in competent core team who help improve its institutional building and enhances its sustainability.
In the backdrop of this realization, the key guiding strategic goals of LRF for the period of 2018-2022 are simple but very dynamic and progressive. These are:
- Institutional Building of LRF and Strengthening Organization
- Consolidating LRF Programmes and Diversifying Thematic Areas
- Raising LRF’s Financial Portfolio
- Efficient and Effective Use of Available Resources
- Time Management
- Risk Management
- Adapt Approaches for Sustainability
In order to achieve above mentioned strategic goals of LRF, following actions are planned for next five years from 2018-2022:
- Amending the name of the organization to “Legal Rights Foundation (LRF)”
- Consolidating LRF’s work into Core Programme Areas
- Induction of Core Team Members
- Establishing Endowment Fund
- Updating/printing Organizational Profile
- Updating Organizational Policy Documents
- Updating LRF’s Website Content
- Updating / activating social media outlets
- Carrying out Donor Mapping
- Establish Donor Directory on LRF Thematic Areas
- Expanding capacity and outreach of LRF’s established models of District Legal Aid Centres in all over Pakistan
- Producing Annual Reports on regular basis
- Producing Quarterly E-Magazine “Hamaray Haqooq” and E-dissemination
- Establishing a University and launch one of its faculty on Law in Karachi
- Establish an Institute of Paralegal Training in Sindh
- Producing project concept papers; writing/submitting detailed project proposals based on calls or solicited commitments; and strengthening alliances, networks and forums.
- Registration with Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP).
- Acquire the status of Tax exemption.
- Registration with Economic Affair Division.
- Copy right registration of LRF name and its Logo Copy Right and Patent Design.
- Establish and strengthen Ending Violence Against Children network.