Vision Mission & Values
“A democratic, just, peaceful and inclusive society”
“To promote and protect democracy and democratic institutions for the rule of law, access to justice, peace & harmony, human rights and good governance”
- The society in the country is democratic, just, peaceful, inclusive and gender sensitive wherein all citizen live with self-respect, equal protection of law and dignity; and
- The country is governed democratically based on four universal principles (accountability, just laws, open governments and accessible and impartial dispute resolution) of the rule of law, resilience, sustainable development and security of human rights.
LRF aims to work both on demand and supply side:
- To strengthen, advance and promote rule of law in Pakistan so that all people can benefit from fair, equal, just and transparent justice system that will help ensure peaceful and inclusive Pakistan.
- To promote and strengthen Democracy and Democratic institutions for Good Governance; Human Rights; Sustainable Development; and strive for achieving targets of SDGs in the country, particularly SDGs No. 2 (zero hunger); 4 (education for all); 5 (gender equality); 10 (reduced inequality); 13 (climate action); 16 (peace justice and strong institutions); and 17 (partnerships).
- To improve access to justice and provide legal aid to vulnerable
- To revamp and reform the criminal/civil justice system;
- To assist, sensitize and capacitate all state actors and stakeholders working for the rule of law i.e. Police, Prison, Probation, Parole, Judiciary, Prosecution, Bar Councils and Bar Associations through state of the art training programs.
- To impart research based advocacy and lobbying for pro-people policy changes.
- To create community paralegals to serve as grassroots advocates to help local community.
- To promote rights of women and children and struggle towards ending violence against women and girls and children at all levels.
- To empower women and youth through their awareness and capacity building.
- To support youthful offenders and Men/Women Prisoners (Under Trail and Convicted) and to help them rehabilitate and reintegrate in the society.
- To advance and strengthen laws, policies and their Implementation;
- To strive towards building a comprehensive network for all the stakeholders working on Rule of Law and Human Rights.
- To encourage social and legislative actions for eradication of all kinds of discrimination from the society.
To support organizational development of civil society organizations and build the capacity of young emerging community leaders through capacity building and providing them technical and legal assistance.
- We believe in democracy, rule of law, human right’s protection, peace building and dignity.
- We believe in progressive and inclusive society where all citizens are free to participate fully in civic, economic, social and cultural life.
- We believe in addressing inequality, caring, sharing, nurturing of colleagues, friendly environment, mutual trust, respect, participatory decisions and encouragement.
- We are committed for access to justice and quality education for all without discrimination.
- We believe in: